11.15.2010

hn53.

So, today I had a breakthrough, clear evidence that I am doing something right in terms of Peace Corps goals. I successfully transfered organization techniques to a group of people. To the max. And here's the short of it:
I have, in the last few months, organized a local group to participate in vocational courses (a little over 100 people). Now, most of the classes are planned for after the coffee season, but one was done this past week (Preventative Veterinary Basics). We had been planning it for almost a month, and although we had a few setbacks (one week the technico never showed up, the next the owner of the ranchito where we were going to do the class canceled), the course went down without a hitch. I had organized the whole thing, with help from a local coordinator, but the goal was for him to do the organizing. However, since we were in a rush, I thought it best for me to have a role. Well, now it's clear that I will not be necessary in the future. The people from the vet class have already planned another course with a different coordinator, and they already have the transportation, food, and housing lined up. So, BAM. The rest of the mini-class groups will get a little warm up training for me on organization of this type of vocational class, and then they will be on their own. Let's just see if this works out. But thats 1/1 so far. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment