12.10.2010

hn56.

so, it's friday, and I just finished my first GIS/GPS workshop. and by finished, i mean finished teaching, not sitting in as a student. i didn't do it alone, in fact, i wouldn't even call myself principal facilitator or anything, but I would say I did a chunk of work. and i organized it more or less. so i'm fucking proud of myself. it went incredibly well, with 8 tecnicos and ingenieros leaving with a basic knowledge of ArcGIS and some pretty substantial understanding of mapping with a GPS. and we have the second, advanced, portion planned for january, and another 5 day workshop (for a much larger group) for february. that's what peace corps calls training of local capacities. BAM!!

1 comment:

  1. sounds incredible, we are so proud of you, what's a BAM??? you use this word often, but i do not know what it means, am i missing something?
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete