7.01.2009

two.

so it turns out, if you go to the beach, and don't wear sun block, even when it's cloudy, you get burned. did anyone know that? i wish you could all see my awesome tan lines tho, especially the underarm white spots. tomorrow we leave for DR or RD if youre spanish, and I do not know when I will write again, although apparently there's some sort of interwebs there. i'll be living with a host family so I will definitely have more to write about my life and experiences. for now, i feel that this may be kind of pointless, so I'll cut myself off for now, and wait until more interesting things happen. til then.

3 comments:

  1. sunblock is a good idea as well as hand wash and other precautions, take care of yourself and write about details - they make us feel like we participate too, no little details is too small to share, we love you and miss you already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. retard.

    there, you feel less homesick now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne Brahmia7/10/2009 9:04 AM

    I hope you keep this up Dima! You are bringing back so many memories - I guess decades later the mind-blowing daily events of the PCV haven't changed at all. Funny how the developing world and its traditions are much stronger than the influences of the developed world, especially for the mamas.
    Glad to know that you like the type of people who join the Peace Corps, you've got good taste. Back in my day...letters took ~4 weeks so I'd write and then hear back in a few months - no internet, no fax, etc. It may be your reality as a protected areas manager, but that's what paper journals are for.
    BTW - we also walked 10 miles to school each day in the snow, up hill both ways.

    ReplyDelete